I’m going to be the first to tell you that I’ve done it ALL on NYE before. I’m talking like fake blonde extensions, 5 inch strappy heels, dresses that are too short, dresses with no back, spray tan, lots of bronzer, and of course… too much alcohol. As I’ve grown up a little and matured in the past years, I wanted to write a list of what are REALLY essentials this NYE.
- Friends. Be with people that you want to be with. People that make you laugh and have fun. I’ve gone around the block too many times and have spent NYE at parties where I honestly don’t LIKE many of the people there and I’m just there… to be there.
<– Me and two of my best friends
- Something warm to wear. As I mentioned previously, I’ve done it all and frozen my butt off. Was it worth it? Maybe at the time or so I thought. Is it worth it now? Hell no. Granted I live in one of the coldest cities everrr right now but I am not trying to challenge a -5 degree wind chill- now or ever again! I will probably rock some black skinnies tonight with a top, blazer, high boots and my long North Face jacket. Not to mention my hat and gloves… sorry hair!
- Glitter. Ok so I’m going to concede on the glitter makeup to makeup for the non-giltter dress of the past. Something very simple is appropriate. I am going to do a glitter winged liner look tonight. I have been perfecting my winged liner for the past 6 months and I finally can do it on average 4 days a week without messing up. That’s a decent average (4 days out of the normal 5) compared to what it was when I started getting serious about the wings (my average back then was about .5 days out of 5 because I could get one wing right one day, then the other wing would just look atrocious).
I am going to use a few of my MAC pigments tonight along with a mixing medium to create this look below:
- Color! Since I’m going for the more funeral-esque/MAC counter girl outfit tonight (black on black on black- pants, boots, blazer), I will probably wear a pop of color under for my shirt AND put a really fun color on my lips that I usually would never wear to work for everyday. I’m thinking like a neon pink (Nylon by OCC), a bright lavendar (Hoochie by OCC) OR maybe something just bold like a dark blue (Vain by OCC). The options are endless!
Maybe I’ll add some glitter or MAC pigment on top of those… could be a lip to remember!
- Last but not least… nails. Gotta go with fun nails. This can be any color, just make sure they’re not naked. I did the dark red for Christmas- Lost on Lombard which was perfect. I’m thinking I’ll do Birthday Babe by OPI which is a fun, metallic silver that I usually also paint for fun events (like my birthday)
Completed! I hope you all have a beautiful New Years. I actually wish that I wasn’t doing ANYTHING. I’m such an introvert that my couch and pajamas sound best to me… but following social norms (and since my cousin is going to be in town), I’ve gotta do what I gotta do. And that is above! Stay safe, don’t spend too much money and don’t drink too much! There’s too much awesome football tomorrow for anyone to be hung over.
With that all being said….
Xo, Lesley Hope