Happy Saturday! So remember how I said how I was busy this whole week because of all my dates? Yeah…. that didn’t happen as I expected. Before I start writing passionately about lipstick, let me just inquire- are there ANY guys out there anymore that don’t call on a phone? Or does everyone just casually text like life and plans are no big deal? Just wondering.
Ok, here we go. I went this whole week doing the “no makeup” look. It was fun, but hard! I love lipstick and lipstick colors and eye shadow and trying out new things on myself. But it did cut my time down in the mornings a little since I didn’t have to use different brushes, colors, etc. I went out tonight so FINALLY I could put on some lipstick and try mixing new colors. I thought I would share another experiment with you all about how lipstick changes your look drastically. And feel free to let me know which look/color you like best on me! CAVIAT: I hate taking pictures of myself and I really don’t like how I look when it’s just me smiling for my own dang photo. Hence, I will never make a career out of modeling.
- Look one. Pre lipstick. The naked lip look. My lips are pretty nude naturally which I like. Doesn’t require much for a nude lip.
- Look 2. I first put on that cyan blue from Inglot and mixed with a dark, matte purple. I like the color but doesn’t go well with my eyes tonight. Makes my teeth look white though…
- Look 3. I used a bright red and mixed with the purple already on my lips to create a deep red burgundy. Again, the look is a little severe with what’s going on with my eyes. I like look 2 better I think
- Look 4. I needed to subdue the harsh tones and soften everything up a little. I used… wait for it… a GREEN metallic OCC Lip Tar in PowerPlant. That seems crazy but as you can see from Project Swatch’s blog, it cancels out red tones and creates a frosty, browner color. LOVE this color to death because it adds another dimension to my lip look. Getting warmer on my final look as well!
- Look 5. The final one! I used first a darker beige to cancel out all of the red. Then I added a light pink to bring out the light purple and viola! I have a pretty mauve lip color that’s not dramatic but not boring either.
I took an up close shot so you guys can see the color that was happening up close and personal. Love it!
Let me know what you guys think. I used all Inglot Freedom System Lip Creams and OCC Lip Tars to get my perfect color. You don’t need either of those brands necessarily to create your perfect color- just some patience, and a little adventure to not be afraid to mix, mix, mix!
I loved making this post tonight because I LOVE color and I LOVE lipstick. I wanted this to emphasize how much the color of just what’s on your lips can dramatically change your look. I’m always so much more in tune with my mood when I’m putting on my makeup because it totally makes a difference. That sounds silly but it’s true. Makeup has brought me closer to myself because I FEEL different when I put on different things. Just me though, I am an artist in my own way and love it.
Here’s my favorite OPI color of all time (don’t mind the minor chips, sorry 😦 ). My Private Jet
It’s a beautiful metallic grayish, purple with little specs of silver and colors in it. It makes me feel as if I should be on a private jet with my designer bags and suitcases. Ah, it’s definitely an all year round luxury type of color.
Hope you beauties enjoyed tonight, I certainly did!
Goodnight, xo. Lesley Hope